Here are a few tips to help make your airshow experience a safe and pleasant one!
When does the show start?
***Follow this link for preliminary line-up
- Gates Open: 9:00 a.m.
- Static Display: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pre show: 10 a.m. to noon
- Air show: noon until 4 p.m. (opening with CF-18, closing with the Snowbirds)
- Gates Close: 5:00 p.m.
Clothing and water
- Wear comfortable walking shoes as the air show grounds are expansive.
- Weather will be uncertain in mid-September. Come adequately prepared for a day in the open air. If sunny, don’t forget to bring sunscreen or a hat to protect yourself.
- Drink water to prevent dehydration.
- If you are noise sensitive or have children that may be noise sensitive, please consider bringing noise blocking aids (ear plugs, headsets, etc).
- Please pick up any loose garbage you find and deposit it in the nearest garbage container as loose garbage could get sucked up into aircraft engines.
For the best experience buy your tickets on-line in advance and avoid the line-ups. Admission at the gate is cash only. Food vendors accept cash only. The Gear Up Vintage Gear Store accepts cash, Visa, Mastercard and Interac. There is an ATM in the airport terminal.
Aero Gatineau-Ottawa takes place rain or shine. Most of the performers can adapt to the weather conditions, while the ground activities, the displays, the kiosks and the Aerospace Pavilion are open to the public regardless of the weather.
Air show security reserves the right to hand-search all backpacks and bags.
There is absolutely NO SMOKING on any of the airport grounds. Anyone wishing to smoke must do so outside of the main gates.
Outside food, drinks and coolers
Outside food and drinks are permitted. However, coolers are prohibited except for small coolers carrying life saving medicines or formula bottles for young infants. A wide variety of food and drink options will be available for purchase from air show vendors.
You are prohibited from bringing in alcoholic drinks.
The following items are prohibited: coolers, tents, bicycles, roller blades, ladders, large umbrellas, glass or styrofoam containers.
The following items are permitted: chairs, strollers, cameras, blankets, small umbrellas.
No pets (dogs, etc) will be allowed past the main gates. The only exceptions are for service animals, but if they are sensitive to noise, the airport site is not a good venue to have them.
Parking & directions
The airshow is at the Gatineau-Ottawa Executive Airport located on Highway 50 approximately 20kms east of downtown Ottawa, and a 90 minutes drive from Montreal. On arrival exit Highway 50 at Blvd de Aéroport, Exit 154. (GPS; 1717 Rue Arthur-Fecteau, Gatineau, QC J8R 2Z9).
Parking is free and is available in parking lots east and west of the airport. (**Plan to arrive early!) Police and volunteers will direct you to the lots. Shuttle buses will run between the parking areas and the Airshow Main gates
Remember where you have parked for the return bus ride!
Parking for disabled parking permit holders is available in front of the airport terminal.
CARPOOLING IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
Fly-ins will be possible outside of airshow hours. Check back for procedures – and check the NOTAMS!
There will be a designated area for veterans with limited mobility along the crowd line. Chairs will not be provided, please bring your own. Parking for disabled parking permit holders is available in front of the airport terminal building